Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Time

submitted by Stephanie Cockerm

"There is a time for everything, and everthing on earth has its special season."--Eccleasiastes 3:1 (NCV)

I was thinking to myself the other day that I don't have enough time for myself. If I'm not at school, I'm at work; if I'm not at work, I'm doing photography, and so on. In everyone's life, one must have time for themselves such as having that QT (quality time) especially with Christ. By having time for other things but not having time for yourself can hurt you later in life. I've learned that this current semester and told myself what I should do to increased self-time:

1. Perhaps have lunch at a odd restuarant. Psychologically your body beings to feel good about itself.
2. Maybe get my nails and toes done. It's okay to pamper the body every now and then.
3. Take a leisure trip and explore. Whenever I take leisure trips (meaning I'm still in the same state, just different city) I go to clear my mind.

I can go on-and-on telling you what I should do, but what about you yourself? Do you have time for yourself? If not, I advise you to develop that QT with yourself. We as women have to face reality--we only have one life, why not give devote some time to yourself? I know that it is easier said than done, but think about it, your body deserves it....at least that's what I think.

To leave you with something to ponder about: 1. Time is not your friend...it leaves you in the dark. 2. time is not on your side. and 3. time runs out on you. So while you have some time, devote it to first GOD and then the point, yourself. Remember that anything you do can be done only if you ask in the name of Jesus. Amen

Stephanie is a student at Grambling State University in Louisianna. She is an NNPCW Coordinating Committee member.
posted by Noelle at 10:25 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment