Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I just said goodbye to my mom who came up to Memphis to visit over Rhodes' fall break. As she was walking away from me, down the walkway past security at Memphis International Airport, I was struck by the sheer importance of family in life.

Like many teenagers, I was one of those teenagers who gave their parents a lot of grief. Looking back now, I realize how unfair I have been to my family, how I have only focused on the negatives that have happened rather than the countless blessings that my family has given me. Family is so crucial and so valuable- they can rejoice with you when you are happy and mourn with you when you are sad. They can build you up, and be your best audience. They can take the good and the bad and will always love you no matter what.

Don't get me wrong, I know that family can be a difficult for some, horrendous for many, but for me it has been so incredibly important to remember that those who you consider your family do not have to be of blood relation. I consider most of my friends to be part of my family and I know that the women of NNPCW are my sisters. And, I guess that is all that matters.

Submitted by Jennifer Ross
Rhodes College
NNPCW Coordinating Committee
posted by Noelle at 4:28 PM

1 Comments:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment