Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Monday, October 29, 2007

Giving Thanks for NNPCW

submitted by Monica Ajak

Today I found myself thinking back to when I joined NNPCW. It was three months ago at the leadership conference this past July.

I didn’t really know what to expect before what happened was completely unexpected. During that week I learned about things that I’d never heard or thought about. And I found myself joining discussions, and actually voicing my opinions, which has always been hard for me to do. I felt empowered. I felt confident in myself when I was in the midst of you ladies. I just knew that this was where I belonged. I think it was the way everyone talked to me like you had known me for more than a few hours.

After that week, I went back to my new home in Maryland feeling refreshed. I knew that this was all God’s doing. Joining NNPCW couldn’t have come at a better time in my life. This was a time when I was filled with questions about my faith, my life, and everything in between.

So when I’m thinking back to that leadership conference I can’t help but feel thankful. Something about having NNPCW here with me makes things seem a whole lot better.

Thank you ladies!!
Monica

Monica is a member of NNPCW's Coodinating Committee
posted by Noelle at 9:13 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment