Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Friday, June 22, 2007

submitted by iyana davis...

Hey Ladies,
Im working in the Congresssman's office now, and it's pretty cool. I was the stage manager for a pretty big event yesterday and it went so well..Thank God! I hope all of your summers are going really well..I know mine is. For some reason I miss Atlanta. New York is cool, but it's just not home for me anymore. Does anybody else feel that way, that home just isn't home anymore? Well, it's just a thought/feeling and I was curious to see if I was the only one. See you all in a few days..lol..
Very Truly Yours,
Iyana
posted by Noelle at 10:03 AM

2 Comments:

Hi Iyana,
I am reminded of this quote from an early church writing.
This is on Christians being a nation with out a state, more or less as in exile. This is from an "Epistle to Diognetus" and I think it is beautiful:

"They live in cities of Greeks or barbarians as the lot of each is cast, and they follow the local customs in dress and food and other details of daily life. Yet the constitution of their own polity is remakable and admittedly paradoxical. They live in their own home-towns, but only as sojourners; they bear their share in all things as citizens, but endure all hardships as foreigners. Every foreign land is home to them, and every home is foreign....Their existence is on earth, but their citizenship is in heaven....They love all, and are persecuted by all...."

I think we sometimes all have this feeling of not being home.
Blessings,
Viola
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:07 AM  
I think the idea of home is so complicated from the very beginning: a mess of feelings and people and smells and tastes and memories and hardships and challenges that have shaped and continue to shape who we are. And I also think that home can be several places at once, so that different parts of our souls nurture and are nurtured in different parts of the world.
Blogger Unknown, at 2:32 AM  

Post a Comment