Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Friday, November 03, 2006

Dog is God spelled backwards


God definitely works in mysterious ways. I have been very lonely lately. I have found myself in a deep lonely, loneliness in my soul. It is a searching lonely- I am desperately looking for something but I don’t exactly know what I am looking for.

And then my friend (who is also one of my roommates) had a great idea: let’s foster a few puppies. And so we went to the Memphis Humane Society and there we found a litter of 5 3-week old puppies that had been thrown in a dumpster. While we couldn’t take all 5 like we wanted to (our apartment isn’t that large), we did take home two little girls, Billie Jean Bonhoeffer and Shai Shalom. These two little puppies are completely dependent on me and my three roommates for all of their nee ds, everything from entertainment to potty breaks to bottle feedings. It is amazing how good it feels to have someone or something that is so reliant on me and I feel a little less lonely.

So maybe God spoke through my friend when she said that we should foster the puppies. Maybe God is watching out for me somewhere up there and knew that this would make me feel a little bit better.

My advice to everyone out there: get a dog. They work wonders for the soul. And remember, dog is God spelled backward.

Jen Ross
Rhodes College (Memphis, TN)
NNPCW Coordinating Committee
posted by Noelle at 2:33 PM

1 Comments:

I tried to attach a photo of Jen's new puppies to her entry, but blogger.com is having some type of difficulty uploading photos this afternoon. I will try again later today or Monday.

Noelle
Blogger Noelle, at 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment