Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Monday, November 13, 2006

Contraception as an Option for the Man?!


I wanted to share an article with you that was passed onto me by Shaya Gregory, Young Adult Intern with the Office of Women's Advocacy.

Here are her comments about the article:


1. Isn't it interesting how much technology is created to improve and increase men's sexual activity/performance/enjoyment and technology for women is all about circumscribing/controlling their ability to have children? It really leaves men out of the 'making of the baby' process and says a lot about our Nation's attitude towards paternal accountability and sexuality in general.

2. And the techonolgy for women that is NOT about our reproductive capabilities, is about improving our aesthectic appeal...so we can feel good about making men 'feel good!'

Read the article: "Contraception as an Option for the Man"

Please feel free to share your own thoughts once you've read the article.

Noelle
posted by Noelle at 5:30 PM

1 Comments:

This is indeed an interesting article. I have to admit, I'm not really up on the advancements of male contraception, though I applaud the efforts of the scientists who are working on the idea.

I myself would be relieved to share more of the contraception responsibilities with my husband than is currently possible.

Rebecca Morrison
Mary Baldwin College
NNPCW 1995-98
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment