Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Friday, October 06, 2006

My current mood is road rage..because i realized I have a problem with anger..my friends may not notice it because I appear to be a patient person..on the outside i handle situations with the poise and grace..but its only by the grace of God that this happens..My father and I went to my favorite Chinese Food Restaurant in the city Charli Mom a place that most of the people reading this have been with me..My cookie read "The road to success is a lonely one." When youre called for a certain purpose and set apart by God..your lifes journey is a lonely one..From a young age Ive wondered why my life experiences have been 10 times worse than other peoples..I feel i have road rage becaue often times i am traveling on life’s journey with absolutely no worries, chillin in the HOV lane with all my family and good friends, cruise control is on and God has my life on auto-pilot..suddenly something goes wrong and the upset i feel is undescribable..I know many of you have felt this way..have you experienced pain so deep that you couldnt even word the way you felt?..or when you get surprised and you cant even react to the excitement of it all?..road rage can be brought on by other peoples actions or even your own..when someone does something so bad or hurtful to you that you just want to curse and carry on...but is that how God wants us to react? psalms 34:19 says many are the afflictions of the righteous but God will deliver you out of them all...isnt it great to know that the God I serve will be there to heal my every wound every time I crash and burn...

Fortune cookie read: The road to success is a lonely one

My fortune reads: The road to heaven is a lonely one, but "if I suffer with Him then Imma reign with him so either way I’m ordained to win"

Iyana Davis
NNPCW Coordinating Committee
Spelman College (Atlanta, GA)
posted by Noelle at 9:39 AM

1 Comments:

Hi Iyana,
"Underneath are the everlasting arms" (Deut. 33:27) isn't that wonderful. I will pray for you and please you pray for me and then maybe we both will not get too angry.
Blessings in Jesus Christ,
Viola Larson
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment