Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Monday, September 11, 2006

sunshine for a cloudy day

Katie and I are deep into last-minute logistics for NNPCW's fall Coordinating Committee, so this will be short and to the point:

Go see the film Little Miss Sunshine.

I have not laughed so hard at a movie since...I can't even remember when. What I like most about Little Miss Sunshine is how it is at once hilarious, disturbing, and redemptive. There are gospel themes woven throughout, probably unintentionally. It is an example of how Christ is so prone to break through into this mundane world of ours, even through such a lowly medium as film.

Go see it, and then let me know what you think...

Noelle
posted by Noelle at 6:53 PM

1 Comments:

Hi - I'm considering seminary in the fall...either Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary or Fuller Theological Seminary (Pasadena, CA). I see that you are based in Louisville..but are from LA. If you can give me any advice - info about LPTS - or any other info that you think would be useful, I'd really appreciate it!

Blessings,
ginger

pray-for-ginger.blogspot.com
Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment