Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Friday, March 31, 2006

A Funny thing happened on the way...




I have been waiting…Waiting for a great story to post on the blog. I guess here it is thus far. I was pulling out of Austin Seminary this morning at around 9:30/10am. I look to the right and then to the left. Until, wait… are those Texan school children with cowboy hats and stick horses between their legs walking down the street.? Sure they are. Lucky for you all I was able to snap a picture. The students crossing the street towards the University of Texas didn’t seem to mind. They were all so cute.

So I have decided to return to my country roots while I am staying here in Texas. While in Middle School I turned to country music when grunge hit the Midwest. I was a huge John Michael Montgomery, Clay Walker, Martina McBride and, let’s face it, Travis Tritt (gotta love the mullet) fan. Over the years I have kept up with the big names in country, not totally abandoning my roots as a country girl. I love to pop in Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts and the adorable Keith Urban. So, here I sit next to a LaQuinta Hotel in Kerrville, barely picking up a free wireless connection so I can post this blog listening to Clint Black.

Today I am meeting Laura, the Mission Service Recruitment intern in San Antonio. She is joining me for the weekend and for church on Sunday at Trinity University. She has recently been to Seattle and then the Pan American School in Kingsville, TX (south of Corpus Christi).

There is not much happening on this World Tour. Hopefully Laura and I can conjure up some good stories I can share with you on Monday. Have a great weekend all!

Peace,
Brianne
posted by Noelle at 3:45 PM

1 Comments:

Brianne,

What a wonderful picture. Thank you.
Viola
Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment