Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Silence is Golden

Today is a rather ho-hum day, with ho-hum events taking place at 100 Witherspoon. The action heats up tomorrow, though, with the arrival of the Coordinating Committee in Louisville. You’ll probably be hearing more from them in the next couple of days rather than me. Rumor has it that even National Ministries Division director Curtis Kearns is a bit nervous about meeting with CoCo on Friday. Maybe it was all the e-mails I sent out to our staff guests warning that I didn’t know exactly what to expect from these wild women….

I’m reaching the latter stages of the World Tour, though, and can confirm for you several events I’ll be attending. If you’re connected to any of these institutions or want more information, feel free to e-mail me.

I’ll be making appearances at:

Presbyterian Women of National Capital Presbytery’s Prayer Breakfast, Washington, DC
George Washington University, Washington, DC
United Campus Ministries of Northern Virginia, Alexandria, VA
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
University of Richmond, Richmond, VA
University of Delaware, Newark, DE
Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Lafayette College, Easton, PA
Wilson College, Chambersburg, PA
Goucher College, Baltimore, MD

I’m also hoping to visit several other schools (assuming the campus ministers ever get back to me), so keep checking in to see where I’ll be next! And of course, if you would like me to come to your campus group or church, don’t hesitate to contact me.

One last thing—some of you might know that the Seattle Seahawks are in the Super Bowl this weekend. While I’m not a big fan of professional football, I’m going to stake my claim and say that I am officially rooting for the Hawks this year. If David’s White Sox can win the World Series, then it is time for a Washington state team to win a major sports championship. Go Seahawks!

Because I’m lacking in anything else to say, I think I’m going to maintain a sphinx-like silence and stop writing. Because there is always,

“A time to keep silence, and a time to speak.” --Ecclesiastes 3:7b

Kelsey
posted by Noelle at 2:52 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment