Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Friday, February 10, 2006

Leavin' on a Jet Plane and Livin' on a Prayer

I hung two of my bras on the back of my office door at work this morning, hoping that no one would notice them. No one did, until we held a closed-door staff meeting for Brianne’s mid-year review….

You’re probably asking right now, “Kelsey, why are you bringing your bras to work and hanging them on the back of the door? That’s very unprofessional of you.” Well, yes, yes it is. But it’s World Tour time and you gotta do what you gotta do. They need to dry and I’m leaving for the airport at 2:30 pm.

That’s right, the World Tour is finally here! I think I’ve already posted my schedule a couple of times on the blog, so I will refrain from doing so this time around. But among the highlights of this trip, besides meeting with very cool young women at colleges and universities all around the mid-Atlantic, are a weekend with my cousin in Washington, DC (including, apparently, a Bon Jovi/Sinatra party tomorrow night—just by mentioning that, I’m going to have “Livin’ on a Prayer” stuck in my head the rest of the day) and President’s Day with David in Philadelphia.

This will also finally expunge my parents from the incident, all those years ago in 8th grade, when all my friends went on the school trip to DC, Philadelphia, and New York and they wouldn’t let me go. Although I’m not going to get a whole lot of time to tour our nation’s capitol, I’m hoping to at least hit the highlights… perhaps the Capitol building, maybe if it works out the White House… shoot—I just read in my AAA guidebook that you have to have a group of ten or more to tour it and you have to request it through your congressperson. Bummer.

Of course, I’ll also do work while I’m there. First up tomorrow morning is the Presbyterian Women of National Capitol Presbytery Prayer Breakfast around 8 am. So be praying for me, and checking in regularly for reports of the trip! I’m going to take the digital camera this time and try to post photos, so you can really step into the action with me.

I’ll report soon from DC!!

“But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; my soul is like the weaned child that is with me.” --Psalm 131:2

Kelsey
posted by Noelle at 11:44 AM

1 Comments:

When I went to DC back in October, the capital building was in "lock-down" mode - tourist were only allowed in in organized groups and there were armed guards to keep you out. From what I hear from some of my friends, that's pretty much a permanent state right now. You have to go about an hour ahead of time to get on one of the tours. Thought I'd give you fair notice.
Blogger Amy, at 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment