Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Marching on with the World Tour

Guess what time it is?! It’s World Tour time! That’s right, no sooner have I recovered from locking myself out of just about everything in Kansas and Missouri but I’m on my way to a new locale. In February, my wandering will take me to the mid-Atlantic for a few weeks, from February 11 to 23. I’ve got pockets of busyness bookending a big blank spot on my calendar. So if you’re interested in having me come visit you, drop me a line or comment to this post.

So far I plan on making an appearance at National Capital Presbytery’s Presbyterian Women Prayer Breakfast on February 11. I will get a minute to speak, and then will sit and listen to a band called “Mystic Origins” play for a while. But hey, as long as the breakfast is good, I don’t mind! I will then visit Western Presbyterian Church’s campus ministry at George Washington University, as well as the United Campus Ministries of Northern Virginia in Washington, DC.

Fast forward to Valentine’s Day, which I will not be spending with the longsuffering David. No, I will enjoy chocolate hearts and Cupids with the Presbyterian campus group at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville. I might be at other Virginia schools, too, if people respond to my letters and phone calls.

Unfortunately, that’s where the big black hole is. I’m in talks with Randolph-Macon College in Virginia and the University of Delaware for the 13th through 17th. If I can’t get more set up, I may just go back to DC and explore some of the various social justice agencies that NNPCW could partner with. NNPCW alumna Jenny Lin has hookups with both Sojourners magazine and Bread for the World, so that might fill my time if the schools cruelly reject me.

But things will pick up again the 21st and 22nd when I go to the University of Pennsylvania, Lafayette College, and Wilson College before returning to Louisville. The chaplain at Wilson is NNPCW alumna Kate Smanik-Moyes, so I’m excited to finally meet her.

And if you are an alumna of the Network, we have a special opportunity for you. Alumna Rebecca Morrison has offered to host a get-together with me at her house in the DC metro area. Check out her post on the NNPCW Network Café to get hooked in. I don’t know what we’ll do, but I can guarantee that it will be lots of fun.

So that’s my plug for the World Tour. Please, please, please—if you’re in one of the above areas and you want me to come visit your women’s group, let me know. Because the World Tour is always an adventure!!

“Whoever belittles another lacks sense, but an intelligent person remains silent.” --Proverbs 11:12

Kelsey
posted by Noelle at 11:42 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment