Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Friday, September 16, 2005

A Note from Sacha

Kelsey's Note: No, I didn't wimp out on writing today. I just wanted you to hear about the CoCo meeting from the perspective of an actual member of CoCo. So here's our guest blogger...

Kelsey has wimped out of writing today’s blog. So I, Sacha Maxim, have graciously offered my services (as blogger extraordinaire) to do the dirty deed for her.

Today is COCO’s second day of meeting in Louisville, KY. I’ve visited here before for NNPCW-related meetings, but never to PCUSA’s headquarters. It’s a lot larger than I expected. Actually, I don’t really know what I was expecting…Perhaps a southern-version of my home church but with extra cubicles.

It’s very nice and clean, which is important, but it’s very cold. We’re still trying to figure out how to make the room a bit warmer.

We’ve been moving right along with our reports and keep surprising ourselves with finishing ahead of time. Poor Rufaro just flew in this morning and is exhausted from her red-eye. It is amazing to see NNPCW continue to thrive even with everyone’s busy schedules. I wasn’t too thrilled to fly out east this fall what with all the stress I’ve been under as of late. I swear it’s a miracle I haven’t had a breakdown yet. But I am so glad that I came out because I’ve realized that I’m not the only one trying to stay afloat amidst college life drama. Every other girl here has their schoolwork, jobs and after school activities to worry about.

That’s what I’ve always appreciated about NNPCW. I actually feel comfortable sharing my doubts and concerns regarding faith because I know I won’t be judged for it. Back home, my spirituality is the butt of everyone’s jokes and it really gets tiresome after a while, kind of like the oppression that I face within the church for being gay. It’s too bad I can’t have the best of both worlds but it is nice knowing that I can make an impact through the leadership development I’ve received within NNPCW.

I am looking forward to dinner tonight. Why is it always about food with me?

Oh, and I just realized that right across the Ohio River is ANOTHER state. That boggles my mind. Also, for being the 16th largest city, Louisville is really quiet small but what’s neat about that is it makes the Presby center look even BIGGER.

Sacha
posted by Noelle at 3:08 PM

1 Comments:

Just wanted to make a comment on something that was said 2 postings ago about meeting on V Day. When we chose that date, we said that we chose it because we knew if we were gone, we would all be in a relationship. Turns out that over half of CoCo was not with her significant other for V Day. And of course, that CoCo can also be thanked for the beginning of a relationship that has lasted ever since, right Kelsey? :)

Hope this meeting went well.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment