Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Friday, September 30, 2005

Grace

“It’s a mind blowing concept that the God who created the universe might be looking for company, a real relationship with people, but the thing that keeps me on my knees is the difference between grace and karma… Love interrupts, if you like, the consequences of your actions, which in my case is very good news indeed, because I’ve done a lot of stupid stuff.”

--U2’s Bono, from Bono: In Conversation with Michka Assayas, as quoted in The Christian Century

I started to write out my usual philosophical schpiel based on this quote about grace, but then I thought, “Let it stand alone; let them draw the meaning out of it.” So for once, I think I’m just going to do just that—shut up and let it sink in.

Have a fantastic weekend.

“...all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God; they are now justified by God’s grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.” --Romans 3:23-24

Kelsey
posted by Noelle at 8:56 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment