Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Thursday, August 04, 2005

More Office News

Sorry I didn’t write earlier today. I actually have a couple of comp days for the event last week, so I’m taking a long weekend to go back to… uh, Chicago. So after driving the five hours back to Louisville on Monday, I turned around this afternoon and drove up again. But this time I got to stop at the outlet mall in Indiana, as well as at the Tippecanoe Battlefield site north of Lafayette. I have another wedding to attend, so it should be a good time.

I have more office gossip for you, though—we are free to announce the name of the new Associate for Racial Ethnic Young Women Together, as of yesterday. Bridgett Young will be joining the Young Women’s Ministries team in September. I don’t know too much about Bridgett, except that she is a recent graduate of Princeton Theological Seminary. With the advent of Bridgett, Molly, and Heather to the office, Women’s Ministries program staff will be overwhelmingly young—all but Mary Elva herself will be under 35.

What we all hope, with such a young crew, is that Women’s Ministries as an office will be better able to respond to changing needs within the church and society among younger women. We know that NNPCW in particular has produced many young adults who are committed to their faith but unsure of their place within the church past the college years. After the devastating staff cuts in the spring of 2004, Women’s Ministries committed to focusing its efforts on finding a way to provide that space for young women. The hiring of five young women in the past three months to the office is the first step in that process. I know that I’m excited to be part of it.

“Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth.” --Isaiah 43:5-6

Kelsey
posted by Noelle at 11:46 PM

3 Comments:

1) Kelsey (always # 1 in my book)
2) Brianne
3) Molly
4) Bridgett

Who's # 5?
Blogger Amy, at 8:24 AM  
Of course! Heather! Who hasn't started yet....
Blogger Amy, at 8:26 AM  
Kelsey,

They hire young people because they are cheaper, not to respond better to changing needs in the churchand society.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment