Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Dishing the Office Dirt

People read “Network Notes” for a variety of reasons, many of which are beyond me. Some of you out there are childhood friends who want to keep up with the trouble I’m causing. Some of you are CoCo members who check in to make sure I’m not eating leftover grits (an unpardonable sin in the South, I can assure you). And some of you are just waiting for those gems when I dish some office dirt. I’d like to flatter myself that you all read the blog for the profundity of my keen insight on the world, but I know the truth.

Well, for those of you who fall into the office gossip category, I’ve got some partial news for you. Women’s Ministries has finally hired some folks to do all the work that has piled up in the last few months. Though REYWT’s associate position is still lost somewhere in the labyrinth that we call Human Resources, Women’s Advocacy does have someone to fill the position recently vacated by our own Ann Crews Melton.

Drumroll, please… Molly Casteel will be the new Associate for Women’s Advocacy, just down the hall from me. I don’t know much about Molly, except to say that she graduated from Princeton Theological Seminary and is in the ordination process in the Presbytery of Eastern Oklahoma. I’ve also heard from all who are in the “know” that Molly is an awesome young woman who will bring lots of energy to the office. She starts on September 19.

In Genesis 2:18, God says, “It is not good that the man should be alone….” Well, the same goes for Women’s Ministries interns. Brianne will soon have a partner in crime, as NNPCW alumna Heather Grantham has accepted the Women’s Advocacy internship for the 2005-2006 intern year. I do know Heather (also from Eastern Oklahoma, I believe), and can say that I know few people as passionate and as committed to justice for women worldwide. Heather is finishing up a year of service with the Young Adult Volunteer program in the Philippines, and will also join us on September 19.

When the REYWT Associate position gets out of HR jail, you will hear it here. We don’t know when that will be, but suffice it to say that you should know soon.

And now you’re wondering, “What about NNPCW?” Because if you are in the know, then you know that my contract as Program Assistant ends on August 26. Never fear, my friends—we have also filled the NNPCW Associate position. I just keep forgetting to tell you about it. I have accepted Women’s Ministries’ offer to continue working in a regular, full-time capacity for NNPCW, beginning August 15. So yes, you will continue to read my musings on “Network Notes” and receive obnoxious e-mails from me into the foreseeable future.

Seriously, though, this work has fulfilled and challenged me in ways I never would have imagined two years ago when I loaded up the ‘Stang and headed east on this personal bildungsroman. I’m excited to continue working on projects like the 2006 Leadership Event, and to develop NNPCW in new directions. Thank you for this opportunity to continue growing with the Network!

“And when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left, your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, ‘This is the way; walk in it.’” --Isaiah 30:21

Kelsey
posted by Noelle at 10:31 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment