Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Friday, June 10, 2005

Something to Build On

Today is my sisters’ 21st birthday! Hooray for her. I can’t believe we are both IN our twenties! I will be going up to ‘the region’ to celebrate with her. Dinner, drinks, and fun for the family is in store for us this evening. Mom and Dad are even excited, even though now we are both adults and that makes them feel even older, than their mere hearts, minds and bodies feel. God bless birthdays!

Alright, so the NNPCW Leadership Event is exactly 6 weeks away. I hope you are all signed-up for the event. And more than likely you are not because I still have room at the event. The pre-conference packets are done and will be at the printers on Monday! Lots of fun stuff is in there, including: information on the 4 off-site visit places, fun things to do in Chicago on the 5 hours that you have free, and all the great workshops that we are offering. SIGN-UP!

I gave the devotional for the Women’s Ministries Staff meeting yesterday. I stated that I have over 50 hours of fun stories from camp if any of them would like to hear them. Well, today I was remembering a fun story about my second summer at camp and I think that I will share it with you.

We have Staff Training 2 weeks prior to the start of camp to learn our positions and get to know each other better. So our first summer we were at Staff Training and there was the “Round Barn Festival” in Rochester, Indiana going on. That year we watched the parade and went to the festival (I have stories of that day as well, maybe another time). The second year we were offered the chance to be IN the parade. Well, how could we pass up the chance? We were pieces of a house (each one of us a side or a roof of a house out of Styrofoam boards) for Habitat for Humanity and when Paige and Evan told us to, “build, Build, BUILD” that is what we were to do. We walked along Main Street with people, some of us had only known each other5 days, from Chicago, Rochester, Indiana, and Sweden. Crazy, but fun time!

Well, in a couple of weeks I will go and help build a real house for Habitat, built only by women. I don’t think it will be as easy as that parade, and there won’t be someone yelling, “build, Build, BUILD” at me but probably just as fun and 100 times more rewarding!

Genesis 11:4 “Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city with tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we can make a name for ourselves and not be scattered over the whole face of the earth.”

2 Chronicals 2:5 “The house I am going to build will be great, because our God is greater than all other gods.”


Peace,
Brianne
posted by Noelle at 12:56 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment