Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

A Post from the Front Lines

Hello, everyone, from lovely Romania. I managed to find a computer with free Internet access at our hotel, so I thought I would briefly escape from all the assorted Hungarian relatives of the family for an update. A few interesting cultural snapshots for you all...

First of all, I knew bad things were going on today when the Bogdans decided to go offroading in the minibus. Not a good idea, my friends. It was like being on a roller coaster... you came to the crest of the hilltop and knew you had to get down somehow, so you just hung on for dear life and hoped for the best. Thanks for all the prayers, folks.

You should also be cautious in foreign countries when your boyfriends aunt starts grabbing you and speaking in a language you do not know. I was smiling and nodding away as she chattered on in Hungarian... and then David said that she was asking when we planned on getting married.

Culturally, people greet one another here by kissing each other on each cheek. I have now officially kissed half of Romania.

That is all I can think of now to tell, and the hotel staff wants me to get off their computer. I will pass this back to Brianne, and update you all when I get back.

(Sorry, I cannot quote a Bible verse since I do not have one handy. Think of John 3.16 and we will call it a day.)

Kelsey
posted by Noelle at 2:35 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment