Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Late and Confused

I am not used to this blogging thing so pardon me for the lateness in the day of this.

I have been looking for great things for our NNPCW Leadership Event participants to do for their free night in Chicago. Everything from the Museum of Science and Industry to concerts and fun venues is on the list. I might have to cut it down, but why? I grew up around Chicago so I know there is plenty to do you just have to know where to look for it.

One of the regular sites that I visit at least once a day is cnn.com. Without the comforts of basic television I have come to rely on cnn.com for headlines and blips for me to read to keep up to date. So, I am sure that this will be one of the many blogs that has stemmed from one of their articles.

On the front page are the GM cuts in jobs. Tragic I tell you. Since the Ford plant is here in Louisville I couldn’t imagine if only half of the 25,000 jobs were cut here. Computers are taking over, and if you are a Matrix fan we will have to wait for Neo.

I, of course, was drawn to the article by Peter Valdes-Dapena, about the difference between men and women in choosing cars. Women are, as we have always known, more complicated than men, when it comes to choosing cars, along with everything else. Or are we? I didn’t think that I was that complicated. I think that many of us are not and society seems to think that we are the over-analytical, over-drawn, over-the-top, and many other ‘over’ words that society seems to pin on us.

Sure, we are the ones to be told, “he’s just not that into you” in a book by the same title by Greg Behrendt. Are we making things that confusing? Dating, relationships, men and car buying, are they all that confusing? I don’t know…I’m confused!

Genesis 11:7 “Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”

~Brianne
posted by Noelle at 12:46 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment