Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The Last Shall Go to the Leadership Event

For the first time since January, we missed a blog post yesterday! I’m terribly sorry… it was a slip-up here in the office, as I took a vacation day yesterday for Rachel’s birthday. But never fear, because I’m back for another week before Romania.

Today is my “bring your mother and sister to work” day. This translates into extreme boredom for them—they are currently in the corner of the cube, playing connect the dots. I wanted to show them what my average day is like. My mom keeps claiming that she finds it interesting, but I question her motives.

Since I got back, I’ve been working with the Leadership Event. Registrations are picking up—a whopping six people from the University of Kansas are coming to the event! This ties last year’s Whitworth record, although Whitworth currently has four signups for 2005. Other students are coming from the University of Washington, Montana State University, and Rhodes College, among other institutions. In contrast to previous years, we may actually have more public university students at this event than students from the Presbyterian colleges. That should shake things up a bit.

We still have space at the event, however, and some scholarship money left. Here at NNPCW, we’re big believers in the parable of the vineyard laborers (Matthew 20:1-16). For those of you not familiar with the reference, this is the parable where the master pays the workers who come late in the day the same wages as those who come early. In other words, even those who sign up at the last minute will still be welcome at the Leadership Event. Please, though, just don’t wait so long that it turns into the parable of the ten bridesmaids (Matthew 25:1-13)!

So sign up now!! Believe me when I say that this is an event you won’t want to miss. Our planning team has put in many long hours coming up with an exciting agenda, and we’re looking forward to a variety of awesome facilitators and guest speakers. It will be transformative for all.

Well, Mom is now asleep in the chair next to me and Rachel is drawing her own interpretations of my co-workers’ cube decorations, so I’d better take them on the office area tour. Until tomorrow!

“When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his manager, ‘Call the laborers and give them their pay, beginning with the last and then going to the first.’” --Matthew 20:8

Kelsey
posted by Noelle at 10:31 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment