Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Looming Deadlines!!

I’m trying to come in an hour earlier every morning this week, at 8 am, to make up for the half day I’m going to take on Friday to fly home for my sister’s graduation. This morning, getting up at 6:30 am was especially hard. I did it, though, and proceeded to get ready. It was only when I got in the kitchen to make breakfast that I realized my alarm clock was wrong—I had actually awakened at 5:30 am!! I debated just going into work extra early, and then decided that my sanity was more important. I went back to bed and slept for another 45 minutes.

Things like that always happen the day after three-day weekends, though. Either you do something like I just did, or you oversleep by an hour and get in late for work. And then it always feels like Monday rather than Tuesday… your whole week is off-balance. Still, the holiday is worth it. As I promised, I spent most of the day in my pajamas cleaning. My mom and sister are coming to Kentucky in a week, and I want my apartment to be sparkling and spotless for them when they get here.

Do you know what today is? If you said the day after Memorial Day, you get a “C.” Technically correct, but an average answer. If you said Brianne’s birthday, you get an “A-” (do drop her an e-mail through the NNPCW website)! And you get an “A” if you remembered that today is the day before the Leadership Event registration deadline!!! Yes, my friends, today and tomorrow are the last days you can register for the NNPCW Leadership Event, “Many Hands, One Spirit: Confronting Prejudice Through Education and Social Action,” at the $200 registration fee.

Some of you may be hesitating to register, wondering if you’ll have the funds to come. I would encourage you to register and apply for financial aid. We’ve never turned away a student because of lack of money, and there are lots of ways to raise funds that you may have failed to consider. If money is preventing you from coming to the event, please just give me a call and we’ll work it out.

You won’t want to miss this conference. We have great speakers and workshop leaders, awesome site visits to Chicago-area social agencies, and a chance to meet with women from around the country. Check out more info on our website at www.pcusa.org/nnpcw/involved/events/2005.htm.

“Upon you I have leaned from my birth; it was you who took me from my mother’s womb. My praise is continually of you.” --Psalm 71:6

Kelsey
posted by Noelle at 9:10 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment