Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Monday, May 23, 2005

Guest Blogger

Hi all,
This is my first time blogging so we will see how this goes. Because so far it has not gone so well, after working on my guest blog for about a half hour to get you all acquainted with myself I go to post and it erases my work. So, being the smart and talented woman that I am I have decided to type in Microsoft Word and then copy and paste, in case this decides to delete my hard work…again!

Who is this rambling, incoherent person that has taken over Kelsey’s computer you ask? Why it is me, the new intern for NNPCW and the REYWT (Racial Ethnic Young Women Together) programs, Brianne Jurs. I will be guest blogging for Kelsey when she is out of the office (unless I am not here as well, obviously) for the next year or so.

I grew up in the Northwest corner of Indiana, commonly referred to by Hoosiers as “The Region”. My small, rural, farming community was 60 minutes Southeast of downtown Chicago, IL and 60 minutes North of Lafayette, Indiana (home of the ‘other’ university). My dad works for a local farmer and my mom is a computer technician for one of the local elementary schools. My sister, Ashley, will be starting her senior year at Ball State in Muncie, Indiana this fall.

I have lived the past 6 years in Bloomington, Indiana. The first 4 were to attend Indiana University for an undergraduate degree in Social and Behavioral Sciences with primary focus on Gender Studies and Sociology. The past 2 years have been spent working at a restaurant as a server, a nursery school as an administrative assistant, and in retail (not all at once, but some simultaneously).

I came across this position while realizing that seminary was in the future, but not quite at this moment in my life. Sooner or later I will go when God tells me when the time is right. My ex-roommate from Bloomington used to tell me, “You are right now, exactly, where God wants you to be.” Trust is a hard thing when there is nothing much to hold on to. I just try and remember:

Psalms 16:11
“You show me the path of life. In your presence there is fullness and joy; in your right hand are pleasures forevermore.”

Grace and Love,
Brianne
posted by Noelle at 11:19 AM

1 Comments:

Hi Brianne!

I'm glad that you're on board. Good luck with this new endeavor. =)

Rebecca
(NNPCW, 1995-98)
Blogger Becky, at 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment