Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Free fun.

Morning all!
Again, this is Brianne, NNPCW & REYWT intern, guest blogging for Kelsey while she is out.

So, I decided to re-read, The DiVinci Code, by Dan Brown these past 2 days. I currently do not have cable so I have resorted to watching my entire collection of Sex and the City and all of the rest of my DVD and VHS collection. My next idea, for free fun in Louisville, is to get my Jefferson County library card. I haven’t been this free with my reading since high school, and even then I was cramming in time here and there and staying up way to late.

I do not have a particular “stance” on the entire idea of the book. If you haven’t read it, I am not sure if I am ruining it for you or not, try and fit it in. Basically, it is a quest for the Holy Grail. And before you run out and say, “We are the knights that say, NE!” (for all you Monty Python lovers out there) let me assure you that I do not like murder or mystery themes at all. I heard it was a well-written book, and everyone was talking about it, so I picked it up.

As far as my ‘stance’ on the idea of Jesus’ lineage, what the grail truly is, and if the Catholic Church is hiding it, I think that is all fun and worth the read. My true position comes when they state, “Jesus was the first feminist”. Wow, I was excited when I read that line. On [www.now.org] the National Organization for Women, one of their shirts states that, “A man of quality is not threatened by a woman for equality”. I think that Jesus would have worn that shirt. He was all for standing up for women, (Luke 10:38-42) and (John 8:3-10) are just a couple of examples that I like.

Can we trace feminist thought back 2000 years? And, that it all started with (dare I say it, gulp) a man?

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all of you that are weary and are caring heavy burdens and, I will give you rest.”

Grace and Peace,
Brianne
posted by Noelle at 12:25 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment