Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Friday, April 01, 2005

April Snowstorms??

You probably already guessed that I couldn't drag myself out of bed early enough to blog this morning, so here I am on the other end. I survived the great trek across the country to Seattle. More importantly, Hagar the Cell Phone, the little Hyundai rental car, and I found our way to Dryden through a nasty snowstorm on I-90. Yes, you read that right-- it is April 1, and I just came through heavy snow on the top of the mountain pass. This, my friends, is the primary reason why I abhor snow. I couldn't see the road ahead for the huge flakes blowing from all directions, and I couldn't see the road in front of me for the slush covering it. So I just focused on the taillights in front of me as we crawled over the pass... and prayed. I made it, though, thank God.

I had dinner at a great Indian restaurant tonight with a student and the campus minister at the University of Washington. I commiserated with them on the Huskies' loss to Louisville in the Sweet Sixteen, and we talked a lot about campus groups. They hope to send a couple of students to the Leadership Event, and then start a women's spirituality group next fall. I told them what I tell everyone about campus groups-- it all starts with assessing the need on your campus, and then finding a way to fill it. Hopefully they'll be able to begin filling that need. The ministry at UW is in a rebuilding phase right now, but I was impressed with the energy they had for reaching out on campus.

I must confess that I'm pretty tired, so I'm going to sign off for the night. I'll be in Tonasket tomorrow, not Toppenish, watching fastpitch (Rachel was named co-captain of her softball team, and she pitched a shutout yesterday-- very exciting in the Rice softball world). I hope to be home in time to cheer on Louisville in the Final Four semifinal game at 3 pm Pacific. Until then!

"By day the Lord went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night." --Exodus 13:21

Kelsey
posted by Noelle at 10:33 PM

1 Comments:

You should quote "Ezekiel 25:17" at the end of your next blog entry. That would be totally awesome.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment