Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Monday, March 28, 2005

Swamped

My most abject apologies for being so tardy on the blog today. I'm surprised that my mom hasn't e-mailed me yet to ask me why I haven't posted. I did get one phone call, though....

Happy Easter! I hope you all had a good one. I spent the weekend with my extended relatives in Tennessee attending Pentecostal church and eating really good country cooking. I also finally saw Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ with my relatives. I will refrain from proffering my personal opinion of the film, except to say that if you can't handle some seriously graphic violence, you probably should stick to reading the Gospel accounts and not see it.

I do have good news from the office, though-- the spring issue of Sisters Together is finally off to the printer, and you should see it in your mailboxes sometime in April. Highlights include an opinion forum about prejudice, as well as some practical articles on spiritual discernment and transitioning out of college. Also, for those of you who are moving next year and want to continue to receive the newsletter, please fill out and return the card inside requesting your updated contact information. We want to do two things with that info-- update our woefully out-of-date database, and also create an online directory of NNPCW members and alumnae to facilitate communications. It isn't a project I've had much time to work on since I became the only staff person currently working in Young Women's Ministries, but if I had some significant response I would definitely find time to develop something.

I am also still planning on visiting the Pacific Northwest next week, and I still have room in my schedule to meet with you. Please contact me if you're a church or campus group that would like to learn more about NNPCW, REYWT, or young adult opportunities in general. I would love to come visit!

Well, I'm afraid I have to go back to work now-- intern hiring is still consuming most of my pre-World Tour office time. Unfortunately, I'm just as swamped tomorrow as today, so don't expect to hear from me until after lunch on this blog. Until then....

"Mary Magdalene went and announced to the disciples, 'I have seen the Lord'; and she told them that he had said these things to her." --John 20:18

He is Risen!

Kelsey
posted by Noelle at 4:27 PM

1 Comments:

Kelsey's coming to seattle!!! YAY! I just left a message for my pastor about your visit...so cross your fingers!! Nice blogging and I'm glad to hear you had a good easter...I did too!!
-sacha
ps (see, i DO read your blogs!)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment