Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The Long Haul

Yesterday I went to the University of Houston for lunch and to display my NNPCW "wares." I talked to a few people, and perhaps scared a some when I plopped down next to them and introduced myself as they were chowing down on their taco salads. However, it was a good visit, and a couple of women definitely seemed interested in the Leadership Event.

Life on the road can be kind of taxing, and I must say that circumstances in Texas have conspired to make it especially so. On Friday in Nacogdoches, for instance, I locked the keys to my rental car in the trunk. So after walking a quarter of a mile, complete with bags, searching for a street sign to give to AAA (thank God for AAA), I stood around and waited for the locksmith to come and let me in the car so I could pop the manual release on my trunk. Luckily, it did take less than an hour.

Yesterday a new catastrophe occurred-- my cell phone randomly stopped receiving service. And no, for those of you who know me all too well, I did not drop the cell phone before this unfortunate occurance. I got out in the car last night and, like a sick baby, drove it all around the neighborhood, vainly seeking a spot where it might get reception again. But alas, it was in a cell phone coma.

Today, however, God smiled upon me-- when I took it to the Verizon store, they exchanged the phone for a new Motorola, no questions asked. I'm back in business with my new cell phone... cell phone number four in the past seven months, for those of you who are counting. I think I'm going to start naming them after women in the Bible. I christen this one Hagar, because God supplied her in my hour of need as I was wandering through Texas. The last one will be Jezebel, though, because she cruelly betrayed me.

I'm off soon for lunch to meet with the Presbytery of New Covenant. I'm going to share about all the young adult programs of the General Assembly Council, so it should be fun-- hopefully more than two people will show up, because that is kind of discouraging. Then I'll probably head off to Galveston for the afternoon to enjoy some Southern charm. Until tomorrow!!

"Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire other than you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." --Psalm 73:25-26

Kelsey
posted by Noelle at 11:32 AM

1 Comments:

Kelsey,

What a cute comparison you made with the phones. I will remember that. By the way, I love the blog.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment