Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Final Pack

Well, folks, it is the end of the 2005 Texas World Tour. I've completed the "final pack," where I switch my packing around for air travel as opposed to car travel, and try to cram any t-shirts and brochures I haven't given away into my suitcase. I'm thinking about buying a new carry-on... in a year, I've worn this one into the ground. It is literally busting at the seams today.

Actually I'm a bit nervous about flying this morning... just my luck that as I was eating breakfast and watching TV, the Today show did a feature on surviving plane crashes. So I now know not to wear polyester on the flight (I'm not) and how to brace myself during impact. Actually, I did find out some heartening statistics-- 56% of all people in plane crashes actually survive the crash, and there are five million takeoffs for every fatality. So even if I do get in a crash, I have a 50-50 chance. And thanks to the Today show, I know what to do to survive. Um, yeah. Please send up a prayer for my safe travel home... I'm really, really wanting to get back to Kentucky today and see a certain someone ;).

I have to leave for the airport now. Check in tomorrow for some reflections on the overall tour. Goodbye, Texas!!

"Since my youth, O God, you have taught me,
and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
Even when I am old and gray,
do not forsake me, O God,
till I declare your power to the next generation,
your might to all who are to come." --Psalm 71:17-18

Kelsey
posted by Noelle at 9:52 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment