Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Texas, Here I Come!

For those of you who don't know, another World Tour is on the horizon. This time, Texas will be graced with my presence for two whole weeks. I'll be flying into Dallas and from there, venturing all over eastern Texas to meet young women like you. In case you're a Texan, here is my tour schedule (kind of like a rock star, but not really. Although I did dream last night that I was the host of some awards show...):

Feb. 22 Austin College, Sherman, TX
Feb. 23 University of North Texas, Denton, TX
Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX
Feb. 24 Texas Christian University, Ft. Worth, TX
Feb. 25 Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, TX
(Tentative) Texas A&M, College Station, TX
Feb. 27 Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, TX
Feb. 28 University of Houston, Houston, TX
Mar. 1 New Covenant Presbytery, Houston, TX
Mar. 2 Texas Southern University, Houston, TX
Rice University, Houston, TX
Mar. 3 Huston-Tillotson University, Austin, TX
Mar. 4 Trinity University, San Antonio, TX
Mar. 6 University of Texas--Austin, Austin, TX
Mar. 7 El Divino Salvador Presbyterian Church, Dallas, TX

I would invite you, if you're a college woman or NNPCW alumna, to contact me if you're interested in attending one of these events. I am happy to give you more specific information about times and locations.

The good news is that I should have internet access while I'm traveling, which means that I will be able to update the blog. So check here for a daily update on my conversations with college women in Texas. I'm excited for our discussions!

And here's my request for those of you out there who have either visited Texas or live there: what can you do in Texas? Some of you may know about my love of cheesy tourist traps (traced directly back to my aforementioned youth in the Bavarian Village... where no, I never wore any sort of Bavarian dress or learned to play the accordian), and my educational interest in sites of historical significance. I take advantage of my free time during the World Tour to indulge this hobby-- in Massachusetts, I toured Paul Revere's house and Plymouth Rock, and in South Carolina, I strolled Rainbow Row in Charleston and visited Ft. Sumnter. My red leather shoes even took me on a nature walk in Alaska. So I would appreciate your suggestions. This is your chance for some of that legendary state pride, Texans out there. I look forward to hearing from you.

"The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time on and forevermore." --Psalm 121:8

Kelsey
posted by Noelle at 10:18 AM

6 Comments:

Umm...have you heard of a place called the Alamo.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:16 PM  
I just spent a week in Houston for work. Lucky me. I did end up having a free afternoon, and went to the Johnson Space Center. The visitor center is pretty cool -- you can use computers to try and land the shuttle, or dock it to the space station -- but the real treat is the tram tour. You'll make stops at Historic Mission Control (which looks exactly like the sets from Apollo 13), a hangar with some experimental spacecraft, and the place where they have the mockups that astronauts train on/in.

Also, while in Houston, be sure to eat at Lupe Tortillas. They have a few locations scattered around town. Go there for the steak fajitas, they're the best I've ever had. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. =)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:29 PM  
Umm...have you heard of a thing called proper punctuation?
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:29 PM  
Remember the Alamo!! Nevar forgets!!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:43 PM  
Davy Crockett stands for the Spirit of the American Frontier. As a young man he was a crafty Indian fighter and hunter. When he was forty-nine years old, he died a hero's death at the Alamo, helping Texas win independence from Mexico. For many years he was nationally known as a political representative of the frontier.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:43 PM  
This is directed at the person who posted anonymously saying, Umm... a couple of times. I think you need to go to a different venue to express your anger. I can see no reason for your negative responses to the author of this blog. Why so angry?
Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment