Image: Network News, better than ice cream sundaes at the college dining hall

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Exploding Oatmeal

I decided that since I was really too tired to write last night, I'll write today's post while I have some free time this morning and then update you on today's visits tomorrow morning. I should have been at the University of North Texas right now, but the campus minister there has bronchitis and canceled our lunch date. So I'm still here, hanging out on the Austin College campus. I'll probably eat lunch with my hosts here, and then head to the outlet malls before my evening program. After all, it wouldn't be a real World Tour if I didn't hit at least one outlet mall, and this looked like a really good one.

I've actually been doing other work all morning... through the miracle of e-mail, I have become a traveling NNPCW office. This morning alone, I've worked on the leadership event and my upcoming World Tour to the Pacific Northwest (so if you're from there, let me know so I can meet you!). I'm going to do some work on one of my presentations after this until lunch, and try to squeeze a nap in, too.

There really has been nothing particularly interesting this morning to talk about, except that my oatmeal exploded and almost got all over the microwave. See, here's a bit of insight into the nitty gritty of World Touring-- I buy groceries on my travels, avoiding eating out as much as possible. I've actually become quite an efficient scavenger of free meals as well-- most of my trip dates are organized around some sort of food event, so I try not to strain the meager NNPCW budget too much. And on a day when I don't have any engagements? That's right, it's exploding oatmeal and pb&j sandwiches for me. I can't buy any food that needs refrigeration, or additional ingredients, so the grocery list is rather limited. That said, I've perfected these techniques to an art on this, my fifth World Tour.

So from Kelsey's traveling office, where her exploded oatmeal sits on the desk, have a great day!

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen." --Philippians 4:23

Kelsey

PS-- My mom wants me to go visit South Fork while I'm in Dallas (she was a big fan of the TV show when I was a little kid), so I might check that out today, too, if I have time.
posted by Noelle at 11:11 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment